Back in this post I talked about assessment, and I thought I would share the feedback I got from Brilliant B. Some of it made me proud, some of it made me laugh, and a lot of it was surprising.
1. How did you feel about your first year of homeschool? Did you like it better than [name of previous school]?
I love homeschool! Sometimes I miss my friends, but I have more fun at home and learn a lot more than they do.
2. What did you learn this year?
- How to multiply anything
- How to divide large numbers
- How to diagram sentences
- A lot about the Civil War and Revolutionary War
3. What were your favorite things you did in school (don’t say lunch)?
4. What were your least favorite things that you did in school?
Writing and diagramming sentences
5. If you could change one thing about school, what would it be?
6. What do you want to do more of next year?
7. What do you want to learn more about next year?
Finding Osama bin Laden
–> Note: That last answer really came out of left field, didn’t it? Yes, I was as surprised as you are. When I asked her about it, she said she just wanted to know more about how they figured out where he was and were able to find and capture him. So, it sounded like she really wanted to learn more about spies and intelligence gathering. Sounds like a dangerous mind in the making, huh? *bites nails*